St. Georges Anglican Church is a community of Christian believers gathered to worship God and to be formed as disciples of Jesus Christ, so as to be dispersed by the power of the Holy Spirit for ministry and mission to a world that begins on our doorstep.
St George’s has stood at the heart of the Petersville-Blackfriars neighbourhood since
1876. The present church building dates from 1890 and the Parish Hall from 1923. The
recent addition of an atrium housing an elevator and fully-accessible washrooms has
made the facilities more open and welcoming to the community. Worship and mission to the surrponding neighbourhoods are central to our parish life, especially through hospitality and community meals.